6th International Mining and Industrial Waste Management Conference
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS29 – 31 October 2018
Legend Golf & Safari resort,
About the Conference
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Geotechnical Division’s Tailings Sub-Committee is pleased to announce the 6th International Mining and Industrial Waste Management Conference to be held from 29 – 31 October 2018 at Legend Golf and Safari Resort, Haakdoring Road, Sterkrivier District, Limpopo.
The conference will be structured to cover the full life cycle of a typical residue disposal facility, within the broad categories of Site Selection, Investigation, Design, Construction, Operation and Closure.
Abstracts for papers are invited to cover topics which generally fall within one or more of the above typical phases of a disposal facility’s life cycle. Sub-themes suggested, are:
- Regulations and Standards
- Environmental and Social Considerations
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Disposal Technologies
- Residue Transportation
- Water Management
- Closure and Remediation
- Case studies and Economics
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- Abstracts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Deadline for abstract submission is Friday 23 March 2018;
- Abstracts must be typed in single space using 12 point Times New Roman font;
- Leave 2.5cm margins on all sides;
- Use a maximum of 250 words without editorial errors;
- The title of the abstract should be in capitals and the author’s name must be underlined;
- Your company/organisation should be typed in sentence case;
- Do not include graphs or references, use only standard abbreviations;
- Please also provide the following information when submitting your abstract: title of paper, presenting author’s title, first name & surname, postal address, telephone numbers and email address.
The conference organisers will acknowledge receipt of all abstracts by email. The committee will review all abstracts and the presenting author will be notified if their paper has been accepted for oral or poster presentation. Abstracts accepted for presentation will not be edited or corrected.
Who Should Attend?
It is anticipated that the conference will provide a comprehensive overview of the latest developments and trends in the design, operation and closure of disposal facilities for mining and industrial waste, both locally and internationally. The conference is likely to attract a significant number of papers dealing with new mining developments on the African continent and should provide invaluable information in this regard.
The Organising Committee is currently in discussion with a number of international experts in the field of mine and industrial waste management with the view of bringing out at least one international guest speaker to the conference. Details of the guest speaker will be communicated once arrangements have been finalised.
As in the past, it is anticipated that the conference will provide a good balance between theory and practical aspects, and will benefit a wide spectrum of those involved in waste management, including regulators, facility owners, metallurgists, environmental scientists, engineers and operators.Sponsorship & Exhibition Options
For a list of sponsorship, exhibition and advertising options please contact the conference secretariat.
Selah Productions // Yolandé van den Berg // +27 (0)82 323 3910 // email@example.com
Dates to take note of:
- 23 March 2018 Deadline for submission of abstracts
- 13 April 2018 Abstract acceptance or rejection notifications to authors
- 29 June 2018 Deadline for paper submissions
- 27 July 2018 Papers acceptance, revisions or rejection notifications to authors
- End June 2018 Early Bird Registration closes
- 7 September 2018 Final paper submissions