ISSMGE News & Information Circular October 2017 Please visit the new-look ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
1. 19th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
The ISSMGE Is extremely pleased to announce that all the papers from the 19th ICSMGE are now uploaded, and freely available on the ISSMGE online library https://www.issmge.org/publications/online-library. The organisers of the recent ICSMGE in Seoul are warmly congratulated for making the proceedings available online so promptly.
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars. Speaker Date Title Ken Stokoe (USA) Wednesday 18th October 2017 12 P.M. GMT (noon) The Increasing Role of Seismic Measurements in Geotechnical Engineering.
The latest edition of the ISSMGE Bulletin (Volume 11, Issue 4, August 2017) is available from https://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin/vol-11-issue-4-august-20170
4. ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 1st November 2017. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.
5. Call to select the 2nd Hutchinson Lecturer – JTC1 on Landslides and Natural Slopes
The Joint Technical Committee no 1 (JTC1) on Landslides and Natural Slopes set up by the sister societies active in the domain of geo-engineering, the ISSMGE, the ISRM, the IAEG and the IGS, is launching a call to select the 2nd Hutchinson Lecturer. The Lecture has been established to award a scholar, aged 42 or less at the time of the event, who has significantly contributed through his/her research and other work to the development of knowledge in the field of slope stability and landslides.
The Hutchinson Lecture that will be delivered during the 2nd JTC1 Workshop, will focus on research undertaken out by the lecturer, consistent with the topic of the event. The provisional title of the workshop, that should take place in Hong Kong in December, 2018, is “Triggering and propagation of rapid flow-like landslides”.
The Hutchinson lecturer, who should have a disciplinary background from one or more of the domains of the geosciences, will be appointed by vote of the members of the JTC1 Committee, based upon candidatures proposed by national societies. Any country is then asked to submit the name and the CV of one (national) candidate by December, 31, 2017. The proposals should be sent to Luciano Picarelli, as chairman of the JTC1 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences – click here.
The following are events that have been added/upated since the previous Circular:
• Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics V, 10-06-2018 – 13-06-2018 AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, Austin, United States, Contact person: Ellen M. Rathje, Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.geesdconference.org
• EUROROCK 2018 Geomechanics and Geodynamics of Rock Masses, 22-05-2018 – 26-05-2018 Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Saint-Petersburg, Contact person: Vladimir Noskov, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.eurock2018.com/index_en.html#
• DFI-EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement, 06-06-2018 – 08-06-2018 Sapienza University, Rome, Italy, Contact person: Theresa Engler, Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.dfi.org/dfieventlp.asp?13310
• DFI 43rd Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, 24-10-2018 – 27-10-2018 Hilton Anaheim, United States, Contact person: Theresa Engler, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.dfi.org/dfieventlp.asp?13325 • DFI 44th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, 15-10-2019 – 18-10-2019 Hilton Chicago, United States, Contact person: Theresa Engler, Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.dfi.org
• DFI Deep Mixing 2020, 15-06-2020 – 17-06-2020 Gdansk, Poland, Contact person: Theresa Engler, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.dfi.org